Community Outreach: Serving God by Serving Others
“Serving God by Serving Others”
Pike County Outreach Council:
The Outreach Council is an ecumenical social service agency. The purpose of the Council is to bring together the resources of individuals, Churches, community organizations and governmental agencies to serve the needs of the community.
FPC’s outreach to the Council involves:
- Community Food Pantry
- Pike County Hunger Walks
(Pentecost Offering for Pike County Public Library, Children)
FPC Missions Committee coordinates “special offerings” throughout the Church year for the following:
- “The Least We Can Do” – Local initiative for missionaries.
- “One Great Hour of Sharing” – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Self Development of community individuals to help reduce hunger.
- “Pentecost Offering” – Assists children at risk, young adults, and adults.
- “Christmas Joy” – For Church leaders past, present, and future.
- “Alternative Giving” – Local Missions.